Monday, October 6, 2008

Full and Fat in Sydney




Kitty is the type of person we all loathe: that who can gorge on food and stay relatively slim. I wish I could say the same for myself. I have noticed since arriving here that although my limbs have stayed the same, my girth has been expanding by the minute. If I didn't know any better I could probably say I were pregnant--20 months pregnant! Why do we do this to ourselves? Eat like gluttons and curse our lack of self control after? Heck! Life's too short. Pass the carbo, please.

We had Espetadas and Chorizos at a Brazilian/Portuguese restaurant called Amazon on Kings Street. The meats were fork-flaking tender and the secret was definitely in the sauce. They served everything with "Amazon" sauce, which was orangey and thick. I suspect it had paprika and saffron in it. It tasted divine.

No comments: