Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Boracay Album

fire dancers on the beach










I am currently in Boracay, a place that I never really looked upon with fondness. The noise, the shoulder to shoulder crowds, the competing blare of different genre of music as you pass different establishments, the sky high prices which defy provincial rates of the same goods and services offered in other parts of the country--all this have turned me off. I much prefer the quiet and the isolation of remote beaches where the only sound I hear comes from nature: my breathing, the ocean waves, birds, and okay, maybe some mood-establishing music.

And so here I am with a big change of heart, first, because of the company and the occasion: I am here for a dear cousin's wedding and so I am surrounded by family. Next, the hotel: Two Seasons resort is like an Ian Schrager boutique hotel. It is spectacular, probably the best on the island--tied with Discovery Shores. And the service is fantastic. They have a gem of a front office manager here. Her name is Rica and she makes the impossible happen--I'm talking 6th sense service, like those they espouse in the Four Seasons and Aman resorts. She is a gem--so efficient, charming, and has such a warm, easy way about her.

Yesterday, I forgot my laptop at one of the cabanas and remembered it only after an hour. I checked the cabana but it wasn't there anymore. I rushed to the front office and guess what, Rica was there smiling at me. She said, the moment she saw me, "Laptop?" She saved my sanity. I want someone like her to "arrange" my life.

Will post a Boracay album of photos next time. Internet speed here is on triple slow-mo mode

1 comment:

Jasmin said...

was blog hopping.

buti nalang your laptop is safe =)