Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DFA Today



After my 7-hour ordeal at the Department of Foreign Affairs several months ago, when I had to renew the passports of Belli and Mouse, I swore never to go back there again. Well, guess what? I had to eat my words because this time, it's my passport plus Bidi's and Pippi's that had to be renewed. I told the guys over at the agency that they couldn't pay me to go back there. But they guaranteed that it would only take 10 minutes of my time tops. "Ten minutes? Are you dead sure?" I needled them. They swore on the heads of their dead relatives and so I took their word.

Lo, and behold, our country is not hopeless. It did take all of 10 minutes, not a second more. The travel agent met us at the gate 2 entrance and in exactly 600 seconds, we were done. Bravo!

Here's the catch, walking to gate 2 I noticed this obstacle on the path: an aircon cement casing that jutted out of a wall directly blocking the pathway. Meaning, if one were preoccupied he would certainly miss the early warning device and smash into that concrete casing, face-on and it would have been a bloody, painful mess. Guess what the EWD was? Leave it to the ingenuity of the Pinoy, it was an transparent, empty water bottle taped to the wall. Hello??? How can you spot that from a distance? By the time you do, you're face would have already looked like a bloody bibingka. Transparent water bottle? Hellp???

Calling on Secretary Bert Romulo, hello!!! Can you please have a proper EWD installed to save lives.

Also, Bidi said the moment we entered the facility, "Phew! This place smells like a pet shop!" Secretary Romulo, Lysol only costs a little over P200 a can plus a proper EWD will set the government back only P500. Please send a footman to take care of it. Thanks!

No comments: