Thursday, October 2, 2008

Comatose on Manly Beach

Sydney Harbor Bridge


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5252709145597827858" /> Wall to wall surfers on the beach but I'm not one to complain



Opera House
Sydney Tower





My head feels much better today, thank you very much. We had a night of hard partying the other day and my middle-aged body couldn't shake off whatever excesses it had indulged in, in just several hours. Nowadays it takes about two days for my old bones and my cobwebby brain to get back on track.

And so Kitty decided that I should recuperate amidst nature and beautiful surroundings. So again, along with our posse, we hauled my comatose body off to Manly Beach. First, we took a boat ride and gawked at the enchantment on the water that is Sydney. Spectacular!

And then we had the worst eggs Benedict ever in a cafe by the shore--yuck! After that, we trudged over a few steps to Manly beach and collapsed on the sand for hours. I fell asleep, while the rest frolicked and people-watched. The surf was fierce and I caught sight of real jaw-dropping surfer hunks--mission accomplished!

No comments: