Thursday, April 3, 2008

Old Bones

I arrived yesterday from Kota Kinabalu and woke up completely fatigued. Getting up from bed today took what little strength I seemed to have left. Every joint ached; my back, expecially, was sore for some unknown reason. This only happens when I run on the treadmill for five kilometers, 40 minutes max, which is my top speed (pathetic, I know!), or if I run over eight kilometers at 8 kph. I did no running at all in KK so I was momentarily puzzled as to what might have triggered the backache.
Then, like a light bulb switched on in my mind, I remembered that since we didn't bring a yaya, I had to bathe my 6-year-old every day and wash her up after she did her business in the bathroom. This involved a lot of stooping for extended periods of time.
Ah, middleage...it literally is a pain!

No comments: