Saturday, April 12, 2008

First Holy Communion





Pippi had her First Holy Communion Today. It was a touching ceremony; it was food for the soul. It has become increasingly easy to neglect a child's spirituality because of our harried lives and the pace in which it unfolds. I am grateful to the school community and the religious community who remain staunch warriors of spiritual development. Today was meaningful because Pippi has completely internalized the teachings of Catholicism and what it asks of her. Not only do I see how clearly she has absorbed the concepts by the way she explains them to me but more importantly, by the way she views the world and treats others. I have no doubt that it is a solid foundation with which to build a life, which we all know only gets complicated from here on. Among all the eight-year-olds I have known, she has, by far, the biggest heart!


No comments: