Sunday, November 9, 2008

Priceless Moments

Lately, Mouse has been very curious about God. She has been reading her children's bible over and beyond school requirements. She takes prayers to heart and I always catch her intent in prayer whenever something untoward or unexpected happens. Once, Bidi had sore ankles and was complaining about the pain. I noticed her in one corner, hands clasped, looking heavenward and murmuring something to herself. The next day when Bidi's ankles felt better, she sidled over to me and whispered, "He answered my prayers."

This morning when I woke her up for school, I felt something under her pillow. It was a piece of paper. I asked her what it was. "A letter," she said. "For me?" I asked. "No, Mommy, for God." This is what the note looked like.

4 comments:

xxx said...

How beautiful the mind of a child!!God will surely answer all her prayers.

fourtyfied said...

Hi, xxx. I know. What a powerful note! I still get goosebumps when I read it. I taped it to my mirror. I hope you had a great weekend and a great dinner under the stars. See you very soon!

Karlo Avenido said...

This is so wonderful. It's really nice to see a child pray to God; a rare sight. I hope this continues throughout her life. ^_^

fourtyfied said...

Hi, Karlo. Nice to hear from you again. I hope all is going well with your writing and the impending move to Canada. Thank you for the comment and as you say, I hope it continues too. Cheers to you!