Thursday, November 6, 2008

The '89ers




Peach and Mango Cobbler
Strawberry layer cake with strawberry coulis
Shiitake mushroom risotto
lamb slices
Roast leg of lamb
Herb crusted lapu lapu with tomato cream sauce
Liver pate for appetizer


I settled in Manila in 1989 after having lived all of my life in Davao and then the U.S. The first friends I had here belong to a group, which I had christened the '89ers. My very best friend, RCA, is part of this. We all saw each other every single day in the first five years and have kept in close touch through the decades. Last night we celebrated 19 years of craziness and lasting friendships over a home-cooked meal. We converged in the kitchen and relived our youth as they watched me cook. So I ask you to please join us through photographs. Welcome to my kitchen...

1 comment:

xxx said...

Is that Marivic Hebron?