Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kat's Cradle








A shout out from Sydney...

Sydney had a pleasant surprise for me as I walked out of the airport's double doors today: sunshine! Last time I was here, it was the dead of winter--seven to fifteen below--and I froze my buns off. And of course, I was welcomed by the sunshine of Sydney herself, Kitty, who has been at MacQuarie Uni for sometime now and finishing next year.

Nothing can go wrong with the world now that I'm with here. There is comfort, there is peace of mind, there is bliss, of the kind money can't buy and other mortals except one's own children can ever provide.

We went straight to her apartment from the airport and of course, it is a surfer's/skater's/musician's den, what with all the paraphernalia sitting around like land mines, which I had to maneuver around. Still and all, it is her home, filled all things she loves. So then, I am home too.

P.S.
What did I say about patriotism? Notice the Philippine flag hanging in the corner of the living area...and oh, the laundry...a full load awaits me...I look forward to it, though. There's nothing as therapeutic as hearing the churn and hum of the washer and drier especially if you're doing it for someone other than Cruella Deville, someone you actually adore...

No comments: