Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Go Ahead, Make My Day





I spoke to Maverick over the phone yesterday just to touch base and find out how she's doing in grad school. She is well. School is challenging but she says she is learning a lot. She then told me that her boyfriend, Andreas, took her to the shooting range on his birthday just a few days ago. Little did he know that Maverick has been doing this sort of thing with her Dad in Davao.

They both fired a 9 mm, a 45 caliber, and a 357 magnum and had a blast at the range. I asked her who was the better shot and she replied, "I'm better with aim, shhhh... When Andreas left for a while, the guys next to us said, 'His girlfriend is better than him!'"

That's my girl! I'm a happy duck and a happy mama. That was as good as telling him, "One false move and you're steak tartare!" Translation in Filipino in the words of the late Fernando Poe Jr., "Isang bala ka lang."

I'm really enjoying this! Brava, Maverick! You are your father's daughter.

No comments: