Friday, May 16, 2008

The Shoes Don't Buy Themselves


When I saw this pair of red Roger Vivier pumps I thought to myself: I must starve and siphon my food money into my shoe fund. It is gorgeous! The four-inch heel is where most of the beauty is--curving inward at an oh-so-slight angle, making it seem like it would break at any moment. There's some really brilliant architecture going on there. The description for the front, however, eludes me--"Amish" comes to mind, what with that giant, square, silver buckle. But isn't it the perfect foil to the cutting edge design and in-your-face color of the entire shoe? I think the buckle gives it some element of humor, as though it were saying, "C'mon, don't take me too seriously, I'm just a shoe!"


The price, though, is another matter. So now, to starve...

No comments: