Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Family Reunion

Each time I set foot in San Francisco, I fall in love with it all over again. I spent a quarter of my life here: had a bad break-up with the love of my life here; went to University here; and gave birth to Maverick and Kitty here. In other words, the happiest and saddest moments of my life happened in this place so I can't help but get sentimental; please forgive.

Pieces of me float around the bay area and every time I am physically here, I imagine them somehow, coming together to complete my emotional constitution, giving me a feeling of lightness, of contentment. It is nice.

I am at my brother's enjoying his new place--gorgeous, spacious interior, expansive exterior gardens and yard. It is light-filled with wrap-around views. I am thrilled for him.

It is his birthday today--Big 40! My mother is here too. We shall play family for a few days until we all have to move on to our respective lives.

No comments: