Sunday, May 18, 2008

Death by Bermuda Shorts






The article for the Fortyfied column that generated the most number of hate mail, to date, was the one in which I outed my disgust for men in Bermuda Shorts. I got death threats, believe it or not. Apparently, a lot of men are emotionally attached to their shorts. I, on the other hand, happen to think that knees are the ugliest part of a man's anatomy, making the sight of Bermuda shorts and the wearer's knees that it showcases, a cause for me to cringe. Really can't stand them--just one of those irrational things; what can I say?


While waiting for my flight out of L.A.X. today, I was assaulted by the visual of what seemed like thousands of men sporting these hideous trousers with the lower half missing. I could have died. Here are some photos. You be the judge.

2 comments:

xxx said...

Hi Cecile!
I read your blog everyday. We all miss you all. Beautiful pictures!!!

I totally agree with you on this one.

fourtyfied said...

Hi, so nice to hear from you! I miss you all to. I hope you are well and enjoying the summer in soite of the recent spell of rain. Looking forward to getting together soon. Big hugs!