Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pay back Time


I have been enduring nasty bouts with indigestion lately. Almost overnight, my stomach has become intolerant of my all-time favorites, calamari and steak. I have gone through a strict elimination process, praying to the high heavens for the culprit to be anything other than the two things I had mentioned. But no, each time I ate steak and/or squid the symptoms were the same: overwhelming pain, spastic and relentless, a night of up-chucking, and blinding headaches. Not at all pretty.

So I finally decided to see a doctor today. I think I have mentioned many times that I never get sick, never catch cold or the flu, and never drink medicine. I take after my Dad. I guess I'm lucky that way. Today, I was sent home with four different kinds of medicine: two to take once daily and the other two, twice daily. And you should see the size of them tablets, they're the size of Mouse's toes! I'm serious! And the doctor expects me to take them religiously. Hah! Her verdict was definitive. She put them in very simple terms. "It's age," she declared. "You're oxidizing, just like all middle-aged people do--all those forty and above..parang kinakalawang," was what she said. The nerve!

A blood test is scheduled for next week. In the meanwhile, I had a run through. I took 6 tablets as soon as I got home. Blech!

No comments: