Monday, June 16, 2008

Misfortune Strikes

I figured in a freak accident today. I was retrieving a loaf of bread from deep inside the fridge and had knocked over a bottle of wine that wasn't securely positioned. It dropped and I attempted to catch it but was unsuccessful. It hit the floor, broke, and then bounced off. The jagged half sliced the side of my arm (three inches below the wrist way off to the side) as I crouched to save it.

I knew immediately that it was a bad gash because blood was suddenly all over the place and I saw what had always been underneath my flesh. Let's just say I learned much about human anatomy at that moment. I went to the E.R. and waited for four hours to be treated only to be told that I had severed a tendon and would then have to undergo surgery by a plastic surgeon for tendon reattachment.

They stitched me up temporarily and sent me home. That is why I am able to write this sign off entry. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 8 am. After which my arm will be in a splint for six weeks. I also need to go to therapy to hasten the healing process.

I am not sure how long my right arm will be sidelined. I am scared. I never ever get sick, never catch the flu, not even the sniffles, and am certainly never down with garden variety headaches. The only occasion wherein I turn to medicine is to neutralize a mean hangover and so I am filled with anxiety over the temporary diminished capacity my body has to live with.

Let's please pray together. My best to all of you. Thank you very much and will speak to you soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tita,

I hope you are feeling better now. Please let me Ciabel and I know if there is anything we can do for you. Our prayers are with you. God speed.

- Mike

xxx said...

Hi cecile! Im so sorry to read about your accident. Hope the surgery went well. I will keep you in my prayers. I miss you all very much.
Love,
MAYO